Thursday, November 26, 2009

Not knowing where to begin

They lower their heads with a pitiful sigh. Time has abandoned them. Questioning looks, glazed over eyes. Where was the preparation? Damn teachers, they taught us nothing. Never; I didn’t listen! Wrong advice, sleep at night Hmmm. Do I even know this language? What does it mean? I have no voice! I am trapped like those around me. Starting to sweat! I need air! Just one word could help me! But nothing! I am alone! I stare at the roof for musing. The ticking! The countdown! The pressure is on! Why is my brain not moving? I start to fidget, drop my pen. I hear a ruffled paper, A sheltered whisper gets to my head Thank God for distant saviours! I’m on my way; I hit the page, my pen a speeding force. I know what say, I am on my way. I can see the end. I have a brain; I’ve done the task, God my teacher rocks. But without a nudge I would be in the sludge and my exam would have been lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment